We Care Photostory
We Care Photo Story Competition – 2016
What is Photo Story?
A Photo Story contains a series of photos with a short write-up depicting the story behind the photos. Photo Story is a short digital show that uses images and written narration. It can be created using any slideshow without any special effects. Photo Stories are judged primarily for their storyline as well as for their presentation. The photos must be clicked during the We Care period to showcase the moving experience during the civic engagement programme. The images should portray the story based on the theme of the competition.
Some options for Photostory themes:
- Two sides of a coin
- Power point presentation not exceeding 10 slides (excluding the cover page) with one photo and short story around it in each slide.
- Each photo-story entry should have a minimum of 5 photos not exceeding 10 slides (excluding the cover page).
- Each slide must consist of an image, an interesting title and no more than 80 words describing the story behind the image.
- Photo-editing is permitted only to the extent of cropping, minor colour correction and tinting.
- The competition is open to all the MBA First year students (MBA Core and HR).
- This is an individual competition. All the participants must submit individual entries. No teams are allowed, even if the team members are interning at the same NGO.
- Photographs must have been taken within the We Care time period (February 1, 2016 to February 24, 2016).
- The submitted work must not contain material(s) offensive to any particular community, group, individual or institution – such entries will be disqualified
- Photos can be clicked from any type of camera (including Point and shoot, DSLR, Mobile phone etc.)
- Each photo-story entry should have a minimum of 5 photos
- Participants are required to submit it in power point presentation not exceeding 10 slides (excluding the cover page). Each slide must consist of an image, an interesting title and no more than 80 words describing the story behind the image
- Photographs must be in the digital format only. No print or film submissions will be permitted
- The photographs can be in portrait or landscape orientations
- Image must be of at least 1024 X 768 pixels in dimensions. There is no limit on image size.
- Photo-editing is permitted only to the extent of cropping, minor colour correction and tinting
- FOR ANY FURTHER ASSISTANCE AT ANY POINT OF TIME IN FILM MAKING, FEEL FREE TO CONTACT SMRUTI RANJAN DORA ON THIS NUMBER 9967552124. You may contact him regarding assistance on any issues concerning the film; story, camera, shooting, recording, editing etc.
- Visual and aesthetics
- Story Telling
- Adherence to guidelines
|Important To Do’s||Deadline|
|Register yourself||4th March,2016|
|Submit the photo Story||4th March,2016|
|Final Screening||10-13th March,2016|
Few of the best photographs from We Care Photostory Competition 2016 –