We Care WhatMovedYou Competition – 2018
What is a WhatMovedYou?
WhatMovedYou is a short story that uses a series of images/photographs in a collage to depict your internship journey and what created an impact in their lives and your life. The essence of WhatMovedYou is in depicting the storyline only through photographs. Each photograph can carry a small description(not more than 1 line) of the image based on photographers’ interpretation. All the images have to be collected together to form a collage. The Collage will be judged for its impact, story, and creativity. The photos used must be clicked during the We Care period to showcase the moving experience during the civic engagement programme. The Collage can contain photos related to the theme your NGO works on and how that work changed the meaning of life for you. It can also have instances where you helped your NGO create an impact in the society.
• Collage having maximum of 5-7 photos with 1 line description for each photograph.
• Describe the Collage in the competition for maximum of 5 minutes.
• The competition is open to all the MBA First year students (MBA Core and HR).
• This is an individual competition. All the participants must submit individual entries. No teams are allowed, even if the team members are interning at the same NGO.
• Photographs must have been taken within the We Care time period (February 1, 2018 to February 24, 2018). They must be original and not taken from the internet.
• The submitted work must not contain material(s) offensive to any particular community, group, individual or institution – such entries will be disqualified
• Photos can be clicked from any type of camera (including Point and shoot, DSLR, Mobile phone etc)
• Each collage entry must have a minimum of 5 photos and can have a maximum of 7 photos.
• Please share a brief description/backstory in maximum 1 line for the photos taken.
• Photographs must be in the digital format only. No print or film submissions will be permitted.
• The photographs can be in portrait or landscape orientations.
• Image must be of at least 1024 X 768 pixels in dimensions. There is no limit on image size.
• Basic editing such as colour enhancement, use of filters, and cropping is acceptable, provided any such editing does not affect the authenticity of the photos.
• Manipulation to create illusions and deceptions, and addition and deletion of elements is prohibited.
• All photographs submitted must be original.
• The photograph should not invade the subject’s privacy and infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws.
• The rights to the photographs submitted for this competition remain with the respective entrants. However, winners grant a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to SRF to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material.
• No background narration is allowed.
The judges will look for a creative, engaging and inspiring story depicted by the collage.
Your collage will be judged on:
• Relevance of the theme
• Photography skills
• Persuasiveness and impact created
Important To Do’s Deadline
Register yourself : 25th Feb 2018
Submit the photos/collage : 4th March 2018